I saw something about this site on one of those “current affairs” shows the other night (I’m using quotes there because theres not a lot of current affairs in them, IMO).
Auction-Australia has been set up by a young man as a direct competitor to eBay. The rationale for having done so is as follows:
Why list on Auction-Australia???
There are three very important reasons why you would benefit by using Auction-Australia over other auction web sites.
* Auction-Australia has cheaper listings than eBay and most other sites.
* Auction-Australia does not charge commissions on the sale of your item.
* Auction-Australia has a fairer system for bidding. Instead of the auction artificially ending at a set time, our auctions are extended by one minute every time another bid is placed. This feature means that programs such as â€œAuction Sniperâ€ will not work on Auction-Australia. This is the way auctions naturally work in the marketplace.
* Auction-Australia does not operate proxy bidding, eliminating a lot of the problems associated with this feature.
* With the majority of listings being Australian, it is easier for Auction-Australia to prosecute fraudulent sellers and buyers who operate on this site. Auction-Australia has a zero policy to fraudulent activities and will not only suspend the account immediately, it will also report all offences to the Australian Federal Police.
* Auction-Australia is a wholly owned and operated Australian auction site. With our main competitor turning over in excess of $200 million per year in Australian listing fees, this translates to a lot of money leaving our country every year. All Auction-Australia’s profits stay in Australia.
And with all the scamming going on at eBay (and set to increase as more spammers and scammers hit the market) I rather think that supporting this site is the best thing any Aussie can do.
I’m joining as soon as I finish typing this post